Since 1939, the Flint River Soil and Water Conservation District has enhanced the conservation of soil, water, and natural resources in southwest Georgia.
The Flint River Soil and Water Conservation District serves farmers, landowners, partners, and citizens by facilitating the transfer of conservation-driven technology and widespread implementation across southwest Georgia and beyond, while acting as a grassroots leader and local voice for stewardship of natural resources benefitting current and future generations of Georgians. The District aims to work closely with strategic partners to approach conservation in a cutting-edge and forward-thinking way, with a focus on local impact and empowerment for local stewardship.
Established partnerships with local, state, regional, national, and international organizations to advance conservation and innovation
Conducted innovative pilot projects to evaluate and implement cutting-edge conservation-driven technology
Spearheaded an urban agriculture conservation program in Albany, Georgia that has transformed into an impactful community organization
Secured over $22,000,000 in targeted funding through national and state conservation initiatives since 2004
Assisted with conservation implementation on hundreds of thousands of acres spanning Georgia, Florida, and Alabama
Sponsored multiple conservation education events and projects in local communities
Directed millions of dollars in Farm Bill program funding to local farmers and landowners to implement conservation
Photographs courtesy of Steve Golladay, Abby Davis, Calvin Perry, and Casey Cox.